Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No noodles zucchini lasagna!!!

I tried this recipe the other night and it's delish! I made some of it up and combined some ideas from recipes.com. I used two zucchinis sliced thinly and covered with salt and pepper. For my sauce I used ground turkey and browned with salt, pepper green peeper and onion. After browning I added tomato sauce and blended up one tomato. For the cheese mixture I used 1 cup of lowest cottage cheese, 6 tablespoons of honey, one egg white and 6 tablespoons of parsley and whisked it together. Then I layered the lasagna zucchini slices, meat sauce, cottage cheese mixture, low fat shredded mozzarella, spinach leaves and then repeat the layers and top off with a layer of parmesan cheese. Baked at 325 for 20 minutes covered in foil. Then uncovered for 15 minutes at 350. Delish!

No comments: